- 6 hamburger buns, split
- 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 6 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 (20 ounce) bottle ketchup
- 1 eggplant, peeled and sliced into 3/4 inch rounds
- seasoning salt or salt/pepper to taste
- 6 leaves lettuce
- 6 slices tomato
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup dill pickle slices
Place the eggplant slices on a plate and season lightly with seasoning salt or salt/peppeer. Cook in the microwave for about 5 minutes, or until the centers are cooked.
Melt margarine in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry eggplant slices until lightly toasted on each side, and place one slice of cheese onto each one. Cook until cheese has melted, and remove from the skillet.
Place eggplant on hamburger buns, and allow each person to top with lettuce, tomato, onion, and pickles, and dress with ketchup, mayonnaise and mustard.