I love both okra and shrimp, below you will find a delicious recipe for okra and shrimp. You can serve the recipe as a side or a main dish. Enjoy!
- 1 pound okra, trimmed, washed, sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper; seeded and coarsely chopped
- 4 large tomatoes; peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- soul food seasoning or salt and pepper to taste
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds shrimp; peeled and deveined
- hot cooked rice
Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet until the butter is melted. Add the onion and bell pepper; toss to coat evenly. Stir in the okra and cook over medium heat until the onion is translucent.
Add the tomatoes, wine, lemon juice, parsley, seasoning salt(or salt and pepper). Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes soften. Add the shrimp and continue cooking for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the shrimp turns pink and opaque.
Serve with hot cooked rice.Share This: