- 3 strips smoked bacon
- 1 pint shucked oysters
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 pound crab meat (lump and claw)
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 pound shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 2 – 14 1/2 ounce cans diced or stewed tomatoes
- Seasoning salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 3 cups warm water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic or garlic powder
- Fry the bacon in a large pot.
- When the bacon is about done, add the onion and bell pepper to the grease and stir-fry until the onion is clear.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, water, thyme, and garlic. Then simmer, stirring often, for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Add the oysters, crab, and shrimp. Then simmer another 15 minutes. Season to taste.
- Wash and drain the rice several times, and add it to the pot. Stir well, cover, and simmer 30 to 45 minutes, until the rice is done.