- 6 oz penne pasta, uncooked vegetable cooking spray
- 4 oz Canadian bacon, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (14-1/2 oz) can whole peeled tomatoes (no-salt)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup evaporated skimmed milk
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting fat or salt, then drain and set aside.
Coat a large non-stick skillet with cooking spray and place over a medium-high heat until hot. Add the Canadian bacon and the next three ingredients, and saute until vegetables are tender.
Add tomato and the next four ingredients. Bring mixture to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 more minutes.
Add pasta, stirring well. Cook over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Transfer mixture to a serving bowl.
Garnish with a basil sprig if desired.
Makes 4 servings.Share This: