- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of your favorite Cajun spice mix or seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Combine all ingredients except cooking spray in a large bowl and mix well. Shape into patties. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
- Coat a large non-stick skillet with the cooking spray, and heat over medium heat.
- Cook patties until golden brown, 5 to 6 minutes on each side, adding a small amount of water if necessary to prevent sticking.
- Sausage is done when center is no longer pink and the juices run clear.