6 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup of chopped onions
2 large garlic cloves, chopped
2/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1 cup of fresh chopped tomato
8 oz of clam juice
2/3 cup dry white wine
1 1/2 lb fish fillets (use halibut, cod, sole, sea bass, shark, orange roughy), cut into 2-inch pieces
Touch of dry oregano, Tabasco, thyme, pepper
2 teaspoons of tomato paste
- Heat olive oil in heavy large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add chopped onion and garlic and sauté 4 minutes.
- Add parsley and stir 2 minutes. Then add tomato, tomato paste and cook 2 minutes longer.
- Add clam juice, dry white wine, and fish and simmer until fish is cooked through, less than 10 minutes.
- Add seasoning. Ladle into bowls and serve.