Cranberry & White Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
4 ounces White chocolate, chopped
2 packages 8-oz cream cheese
3/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
Pinch of salt
3 cups sour cream
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 ounces white chocolate, chopped
2 cups cranberries
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cornstarch
Grated white chocolate for garnish if desired
- Stir crumbs with butter until well moistened; stir in chocolate.
- Press into the bottom of a greased 9-inch springform pan.
- Place pan in center of oven on a 20 X 14 inch piece of foil; press up tightly around side of pan.
- Bake at 325 F in oven for 8 minutes. Let cool on a rack.
- In a double boiler melt chocolate. Let cool.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until softened.
- Gradually beat in sugar; beat for 3 minutes or until fluffy.
- On low speed, beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in vanilla, chocolate and salt; stir in sour cream. Pour onto crust.
- Set cake pan onto a larger shallow pan; pour in enough hot water to come 1 inch up the side.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 1 1/4 hours or until the edge is set but center still jiggles slightly.
- Turn oven off; let cool in oven for 1 hour. Remove from larger pan and remove foil; let cool on a rack. Cover and refrigerate over night.
- In saucepan cook cranberries and 1/4 cup water, partially covered, just until boiling.
- Stir in sugar and return to a boil; cook for 2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved but berries have not popped.
- Drain, reserving juice and berries separately.
- Remove cake from pan; place on cake plate.
- Return juice to saucepan; blend in cornstarch. Cook, whisking, until boiling and thickened; let cool slightly.
- Spoon berries around edge of the cake. Spoon glaze over top.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set. Garnish with chocolate gratings.