Chocolate Cheesecake III Recipe
8 1/2 ounces chocolate wafers, finely crushed
1/2 cup butter, melted
12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
16 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar
4 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup heavy cream whipped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In large bowl, combine chocolate wafer crumbs and butter.
- Pat firmly into 9-inch springform pan, covering bottom and 2 1/2 inches up sides. Chill.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine over hot (not boiling) water, chocolate chips and heavy cream. Stir until morsels are melted and mixture is smooth. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar, beating untl creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add chocolate mixture and vanilla, mix until blended. Pour into prepared crust.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 60 minutes. Turn oven off. Let stand in oven with door ajar 1 hour.
- Remove, cool completely. Chill 24 hours.
- Decorate edge with whipped cream, if desired.