If you love chocolate and cheesecake, then you’ll love the chocolate cheesecake recipes here. Whether you’re looking for just a plain chocolate cheesecake recipe or something fancier, be sure to browse through the list here…
Chocolate Cheesecake II Recipe
1/2 (8 1/2 oz) package chocolate wafers
1 tablespoon butter, softened
4 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
4 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla
3 (1 oz) squares semisweet chocolate, melted & cooled
1 (8 oz) container sour cream
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Crush chocolate wafers in food processor or in plastic bag with rolling pin. Add butter and process or knead into crumbs.
- Pat into bottom of an oiled 9-inch spring-form pan. Bake for 10 minutes.
- In the large bowl of an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Stir together sugar and cornstarch. Beat into cream cheese mixture.
- Add eggs to mixture one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Fold in vanilla, chocolate, and sour cream until uniformly combined.
- Turn cheesecake mixture into hot, crumb-lined pan. Carefully return to oven.
- Bake until center of cake seems to be almost set when the pan is gently tapped-about 1 hour.
- Turn off oven and allow cake to sit in oven 1 hour longer.
- Remove pan from oven; cool to room temperature. Cover without touching surface of cake.
- Place in refrigerator overnight. To serve, loosen cake from side of pan with a spatula.
- Remove side of pan. Place cake on serving platter. Decorate with whipped cream, if desired.