If you love chocolate and cheesecake, then you’ll love these chocolate recipes. Whether you’re looking for just a plain chocolate cheesecake recipe or something fancier, be sure to browse through the chocolate cheesecake category here…
Chocolate Cheesecake I Recipe
12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate; chopped
1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) unsalted butter
1 cup sour cream at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 large eggs
1 cup sugar
3 8-oz packages cream cheese; softened
1 cup chopped pecans
Confectioners’ sugar and unsweetened cocoa powder for dusting the cake if desired
1 chocolate graham wafer pie crust
- In a large metal bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water melt the chocolate and the butter, stirring until the mixture is smooth.
- Stir in the sour cream and the vanilla, and let the mixture cool.
- In a bowl beat together the eggs and the sugar until the mixture is thick and pale and forms a ribbon when the beaters are lifted.
- Beat in the cream cheese. Stir in the chocolate mixture and fold in the pecans.
- Pour the filling into the prepared crust and bake the cheesecake in the middle of a preheated 325 degree F oven for 2 hours, or until it is just set. (The cake will fall in the middle.)
- Let the cheesecake cool in the pan on a rack, chill it, covered loosely, overnight, and remove the side of the pan.
- Sprinkle the confectioners’ sugar and the cocoa powder decoratively over the cheesecake.