Summer Tomato Omelette
- 3/4 cup fresh tomatoes, peeled and finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups chickpea flour
- 2 hot green chili peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 small bunch fresh coriander or Parsley leaves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dry-roasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- Dash white pepper (optional)
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- Ghee OR oil for griddle frying
Combine all the ingredients except the ghee or oil. If batter is too thick, add a little more cold water to obtain a thin, pouring consistency. Heat a heavy cast-iron griddle or nonstick frying pan over moderate heat until very hot. Reduce heat and brush the griddle or frying pan liberally with ghee or oil. Place 2 tablespoons batter and spread as thin as you can. Fold, serve hot with fried potatoes, sour cream and chutney. Delicious alone for breakfast.
PLEASE NOTE: No eggs are listed in the ingredients for this omlette.