Shrimp & Grits
- 1/3 cup chopped red peppers
- 8 oz. of chicken or beef broth
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup yellow grits
- 1/3 cup chopped green peppers
- 1/2 cup white grits
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups half & half
- 1/4 cup self-rising flour
- 2 pounds shrimp, peeled
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- To cook grits, bring water and salt to a boil. Add grits and stir, reducing heat to simmer. Add half and half.
- Continue to simmer, stirring occasionally. If grits become too thick, add more water or half and half.
- Chop peppers and onion and set aside.
- Slice Italian sausage and cook in a large frying pan. Add garlic, peppers and onion to drippings in frying pan.
- Add shrimp and cook until pink. Sprinkle flour on vegetables and shrimp and stir.
- Add chicken or beef broth and stir until thickened. Water may be added if this becomes too thick.
- Add Worcestershire sauce and season with Cajun and Italian seasonings.