Smothered Turkey Wings and Gravy
- 4-6 turkey wings
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cups warm water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt/black pepper (or your favorite seasoning) to taste
- Heat the cooking oil in a medium pot.
- Thoroughly wash and dry turkey wings.
- Fry the wings in the oil, over medium heat, turning, until they begin to brown on both sides.
- Remove the wings; add the flour to the pot and stir as it browns.
- When the flour is brown, add the wings, bell pepper, onion, and warm water.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Add the thyme, salt/pepper (or seasoning) shortly after the pot starts to boil.
- Turkey wings should cook until they’re tender, 45 to 60 minutes or more. Add warm water as needed to maintain a rich gravy.